Friday 12 April 2013

Anna Comerford

I am highly influenced by everything around me and view the world with a creative eye. From nature to history, architecture to landscapes I find beauty in detail which I want to explore. I love to draw and express my ideas and visions through a wide range of media. My studies are very intricate and observed which allow me to capture the finest details through mark making. The latest fashion trends and high end designers’ pieces feed my inspirations and my mind naturally goes wild in exploring the endless possibilities for interesting concepts and ideas. I love to recreate the original qualities of my drawings onto fabric by using techniques such as digital print, screen print, appliqué and embroidery. To me, embroidery is just like another form of drawing; it allows me to add exciting colours, textures and dimension to a design in the observant, detailed style in which I love to work.

My FMP
is based on the theme ‘Bejewelled Baroque’. It was inspired by the idea of making the Baroque style modern and taking inspiration from the more traditional and mixing it with a modern twist through colour, texture and overall composition.
The concept behind my theme was ‘Time’ and I wanted my work to convey a modern Baroque style with an edge. I began researching into cogs and mechanisms in clocks and found the detail and structure really interesting and beautiful. I wanted to combine the decorative, filigree detailing from old Baroque furniture and objects with the mechanised structure of a clock to create a quirky contrast in movement and texture and communicate the story of moving the Baroque style forward through time. I like the contrast in mixing something old with something new; it makes an idea much more exciting to work with when gathering research and completing drawings, which all feeds into the final outcomes.



Blog Address: www.annacomerford.blogspot.com

Achievements and Work Experience: Sold a fashion fabric design at Indigo/Premiere Vision 2012 & Completed a two week work placement at Punky Pins which lead to paid employment over 4 months during the busy Christmas period.





No comments:

Post a Comment